My fee for a therapy session is $170 and will likely be reimbursed under most insurance plans. I accept credit card/debit card and HSA/FSA payments at the time of service.
I am considered “out-of-network” for all major insurance companies including Aetna, BlueCross, Cigna, Carefirst, and UHC. That means you pay the full fee at the time of service and can then choose to submit to your insurance for reimbursement through your out-of-network benefits.
I provide a Statement for Reimbursement (“superbill”) through a secure online portal to submit to your insurance company if you choose to seek reimbursement.
The majority of clients have some out-of-network benefits, and benefits often cover 50 percent or more of my fee. You should check with your insurance to confirm. You can learn more about how your insurance company will reimburse your therapy expenses by calling your Insurance Member Services Phone Number and asking the following questions:
- Does my plan include Out-of-Network benefits?
- If yes, what is the Out-of-Network deductible?
- Are individual psychotherapy services (CPT code 90834) covered on my Out-of-Network benefits?
- If yes, what percentage of the Allowed Amount is covered once my deductible is met?
- Where do I send claims for reimbursement?